4/20/12

Review: The Prophet by Amanda Stevens



Title: The Prophet
Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Graveyard Queen Book 3
Release Date: May 2012
Publisher: Mira- Net Galley
Genre: Suspense/ Fantasy
Rating: 5 Hoots
Reviewer: Lenore








My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I've broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.
In order to protect myself, I've vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.

Now I'm faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart. (Amazon)

Fans will not think that the books can get any better after THE KINGDOM, but it gets so much better with the third novel THE PROPHET. Amanda Stevens truly blew me out of the water. In each book more questions are answered. In the third book, readers get the answers to questions raised in book one. Who is Freedmont? Why can't Shani move on? What is Marmina really up to? All these are answered and more.

THE PROPHET will have readers cowering behind their hands flipping the pages as quickly as possible. As haunting and chilling as the previous books, the novel packs it all in spades: suspense, mystery, romance, and action. Amelia has bloomed into one of the best characters in adult fiction. She is smart and practical, with minor flaws that are needed with any good character. 

Readers will love how Stevens is able to leave questions unanswered to keep fans salivating for more without the hollow feeling many books have in the end. Readers will not walk away from THE PROPHET dissatisfied with what they have learned or the way the book wrapped up. Fans lookout for the next Graveyard Queen book, coming soon from Mira publishers

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...