5/2/13

Review: Wolf with Benefits by Shelly Laurenston

Title: Wolf with Benefits
Author: Shelly Laurenston
Series: Pride Book # 8
Release Date: March 26th 2013
Publisher:Brava
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 4 Hoots
Reviewer: Sarah
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble


Sum It Up! I love Shelly Laurenston’s books!!





Summary:
Ricky Lee has no plans of getting serious about anyone, but he will protect Toni Jean-Louis Parker. Not just because he’s been hired to do so, but because it’s the right thing to do. And if that means traveling around the country with one complicated She-jackal, dealing with chocolate-eating wild dogs, instigating trouble between his brothers, and having the most amazing sex he’s ever had…well, who said his job didn’t have perks?


Toni doesn’t know how she keeps getting herself into these situations. But even she has to admit there’s something about Ricky Lee Reed that she finds kind of interesting…and downright sexy. Now they just have to survive long enough to figure out if what they have is worth fighting for…(Goodreads)
 
Review:
I love Shelly Laurenston’s books!! The men, the sarcasm and wit, and the kick butt women! Wolf with Benefits involves Ricky Lee (who has been in previous books) and Toni (which I believe is a new character which also involves more new characters). The things that I always enjoy about Laurenston’s books are the ways the characters meet, and the way they fall in love (and of course all the spicy sexy times). I have to say the way Ricky Lee and Toni meet is hilarious, and the way they fall in love is beautiful.  But I had some issues. I don’t know if I was really feeling the connection between Ricky Lee and Toni. I felt like Ricky Lee was connecting to Toni but I didn’t feel that love connection. There also weren’t enough spicy scenes. There were only two or three out of the entire 400+ pages. I understand that the whole drive of the book isn’t the spicy scenes but those are the parts I really read for. And I’m also the type to be turned off to a book if there are way too many sex scenes. This book just seemed to fall short compared to the others.
 
I enjoyed the book immensely, because it was hilarious and I loved Ricky Lee. I have a few ideas on who could be involved in the next books. I was also a little confused on how to categorize this book. Even though there are some semi-graphic sex scenes there was a lot more action and it almost felt more Urban Fantasy than Paranormal Romance even though there was a Happily Ever After.
 
Any fan of Laurenston, or PNR should read Wolf with Benefits or the entire Pride series!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...