3/2/13

Review: One Night with a Cowboy by Cat Johnson

Title: One Night with a Cowboy
Author:Cat Johnson
Series: Oklahoma Nights #1
Release Date:February 26th 2013
Publisher:Kensington
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5 HOOTS
Reviewer: Karia
Buy From: Amazon/B&N


Sum It Up!   I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK 2!
 
 Summary
One Sweet Ride. . .
Oh yeah. A single look at the leggy blonde in the stands and Tucker
Jenkins is ready to buck all night long. It's time to forget all about
his cheating ex and his usual hands off policy.

One Hot Night. . .
Becca Hart is an East Coast professor. Not a buckle bunny. But no degree
can prepare her for the moves of the sexy bull rider she hooks up with
at her first rodeo. . .or the shock of finding him at her first Oklahoma
State University staff meeting.

One Happy Ending. . .
Tuck knows it's all about holding on, no matter how wild the ride. Now
he just has to convince Becca that a rough start out of the chute
doesn't mean they aren't a smokin' combination. . .(less) <>

Review
I love bull riders...thus I love Tucker.
I love Army/Military heroes...thus I love Tucker.
I love cowboys who say darlin'...thus I love Tucker.
I love steamy, sweet, creative lovers...thus I love Tucker.
I LOVE TUCKER!!!

Whewww...now that I have that off my chest. This was a great story,
with fully fleshed three dimensional characters, who expressed their
thoughts, feelings, fears and hopes. Sometimes I get a bit worried when
so much is going on (bull rider, Army, cowboy, professor, etc), but this
story was excellent.

After losing her job at Vassar, Becca was open to expanding her
horizons. Well, not really. But her sister Em was open to Becca
exploring new horizons and the first step was a tenure track Assistant
Professor position at OSU. The two sisters also hit up a Rodeo in a
neighboring town while they were in OK for the interview. And, as luck
would have it, Tucker was riding in said rodeo and takes it upon himself
to be her rodeo tour guide. To say they had instant and smoking hot
chemistry would be an understatement.

Fast forward a couple months, Becca is at OSU and she and Tucker have
their second "meet cute"...only this time is not as nearly as cute. I
loved how these two tried to fight their attraction while attempting to
justify that their mutual desire for their "relationship" was to be
friends with benefits. I laughed and loved these two and my heart broke
along with Becca's. I loved that the war and camaraderie were brought
into the story. I loved the HEA for these two! I CANNOT WAIT FOR BOOK
2! But, the "teaser" chapter included in this book states that the next
book, Two Times as Hot, will not be out until October and that's a long
time to wait for my Lieutenant Coronel Logan!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...