12/10/12

Review: Burning Up by Anne Marsh

Title:Burning Up
Author:Anne Marsh
Series:Smoke Jumpers#1
Release Date: October 30th 2012
Publisher: Kensington
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 2 Hoots
Reviewer: Karia
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble



Sum It Up! Uggg...I wanted so badly to love this book!
It takes a special kind of hero to be a smoke jumper. To take the greatest risks. To live or die in the raging heat of the moment. And it takes a special kind of woman to love him. . .
Where There's Smoke. . .

For Jack Donovan, smoke jumping is a way of life. He lives for the adrenaline rush--the thrill of flying over the burning California hills, the intensity of diving straight into the inferno, the glory of taming the forces of nature. Love is a distant ember compared to the feeling he gets fighting fires--until an emergency call from his hometown brings him face to face with the one woman he can't forget. . .

There's Fire

Lily never got over the handsome rogue who once kissed her senseless--and then left. She vowed she was done with love-'em-and-leave-'em men and small town life. Until a series of malicious fires set by a stalker has her running home to hide. Now, their summer is heating up as Jack fights to save her from the stalker's fiery threats and to convince her to give the passion between them a second chance. (Goodreads)

Review:
Uggg...I wanted so badly to love this book! I really enjoyed Ms. Marsh's book One Hot Cowboy...but this book left me burnt out instead of burning up! I really disliked Lily and then as the story moved on (ever so slowly along) I began to really dislike her, and then hate her. There were times were I wanted to smack her in the face. Case in point: the time Jack got the call that there was a fire on the ridge and homes were in jeopardy so Jack jumped out of their recently used sheets and ran to the fire. Lily was like, fine, don't linger in bed with me, go off and fight fires, I am going to sit here and pout. HE IS A SMOKE JUMPER, you stupid woman!!! Don't date a fireman if you don't want to be left cold when he leaves you running for a fire!

Add to the angst of Lily and Jack not wanting to be together/not being able to resist each other...the mystery. I didn't like that no one could figure out who it was for quite some time. Seriously, it is a small town and no one knew who came and went and when??? Also, I just was not believing that the big city guys didn't suspect arson or that she wouldn't tell someone about the alley incident. Seriously???

I did like the parts with Jack and his brothers. And then again with Jack and Ben...firemen appeal to me and if you follow any of my reviews, you know I love books with the bromance and the romance. The bros were the best part of this book. Don't let my review throw you off, the writing is good and the characters are well done...I just didn't like Lily at all and thus didn't really want her hooking up with Jack. Rio is one hot smoke eater that I want more of!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...