6/16/12

Review: Eventide by Elle Jasper

Title: Eventide
Author: Elle Jasper
Series:The Dark Ink Chronicles – Book 3
Release Date: March 6th 2012
Publisher: Signet
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: 2 Hoots
Reviewer: Sarah
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble/ Book Depository
Sum It Up! What story doesn’t deserve a few twists to keep the reader guessing? The things she came up with I never would have guessed!






Summary:

Newly-bitten tattoo artist Riley Poe feels herself changing in unimaginable ways. Eli Dupre, her vampire lover, has seen the change in her and fears for her humanity. His rival, Victorian, tells her she must see the patriarch of the vampire cult that attacked her to save her soul. In the vampire cult's fortress in Romania, Riley will face her worst fears-and the dark powers threatening to destroy her. And she'll have to do the one thing she's been determined not to do—put her trust in Eli (Goodreads).


Review:

I have to start by saying that just because I did not like this book, does not mean that others will not love it! With that being said, there were things that I did enjoy about Eventide even though I gave it a low rating. Elle Jasper threw in some twists and things that were completely unexpected that I found to be enough to redeem the overall quality of the book. What story doesn’t deserve a few twists to keep the reader guessing? The things she came up with I never would have guessed!


The direction that Elle Jasper is taking the series is vastly different from the way she set it up, which to some, will be a good thing but I just see it as a mess. This book feels incomplete, because it does not seem to fit in with the story line that Elle Jasper created with the previous two books.


Can a book be too hot? No it can’t, at least in my opinion. But every time Riley looks at Eli, I don’t need to be informed that she can’t stand to have her clothes on around him. We get it, he’s hot and she is butt-crazy in love with him, and wants to spend all their time together naked. This is a romance after all so that is to be expected but I feel like Elle Jasper takes it a little too far.


There should be a little more character development and a little less of everything else.

I find all of the characters to be lacking some sort of dimension or depth to make them feel real. If Elle Jasper can possibly make her characters more rounded then I can see great things in the future of this series. But as it stands, Riley Poe annoys me and I find her narration to be difficult to read.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...