4/28/12

Review: Protector by Catherine Mann



Title: Protector
Author: Catherine Mann
Series: Dark Ops Book 4
Release Date: March 6 2012
Publisher: Penguin Group
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Rating: 4 Hoots
Reviewer: Karia
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble/ Book Depository
Sum It Up! Pick this one up, or the whole Dark Ops series...great summer reads about some seriously hot guys!







TRUST, LOVE ...AND LIES.

After barely surviving enemy torture, Captain Chuck Tanaka doesn't trust himself to do more than ride a desk-but new orders leave him no choice. Assigned to the investigation of a mob boss whose luxury cruise ship is reportedly a hub for terrorist activity, Tanaka goes undercover. His target: JoLynn Taylor, the mob boss's daughter.


As a child, JoLynn saw her beloved uncle murdered. Since then, she's stayed far away from her father's crooked empire. But when he falls ill, she returns, hoping to mend the gap between them. Instead, she finds herself on the run, one step ahead of unknown enemies. The only thing keeping her alive is the man she knows as Charles Tomas, the only man she's ever been able to trust.

Unfortunately, he's also the man determined to destroy her family...(Goodreads)

Review
A couple of weeks ago, I received a nice bundle of books, and when I saw Maya Banks "Whispers in the Dark" and this one (Protector)...the covers had me drooling!  Both books had a common theme: captive soldier with hero tendencies.  Both books took very different turns after that initially similar angst point.  Personally, I fell for Chuck right away. Maybe it is my new found fondness for Hawaiian men (new Hawaii 5-O and Mace from Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series totally got me started), or maybe it was he personality.  I just liked him from the get go.  

Jolynn took a bit more getting used to for me.  She had such a chip on her shoulder that I found her hard to relate to and care about.  That said, once the action kicked into gear, and I got a read at all the mad skills my man Chuck had in his repertoire...I was hooked.  I loved the edge to their relationship and that everything didn't go completely smoothly.  The epilogue gave me my HEA with a bonus (which I love). Pick this one up, or the whole Dark Ops series...great summer reads about some seriously hot guys!  Enjoy!

Side note, I loved Dave "Ice" and his sun lamp issues.  His book, Guardian, is coming out in September 2012 has just move way up my TBR list (here's hoping to get an ARC). 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...