3/24/12

Cover Lover: 10 New Titles

*Title and Images Courtesy of Wicked Scribes and All Things Urban Fantasy


Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto: Released August 21, 2012

I think I like this one. At first glance, I did not notice the heart made from the sun; can't decide if it is a nice touch or a tad corny. I don't like the fact that the title fades into the light background, but I do enjoy the soft feel of the clouds and silhouettes. I'm going to go with a mediocre feel for this one. Defiantly not my favorite of the series.  

Primal Possession by Katie Reus: Released September 4, 2012

Thumbs up for this one. I love the purple color; I think it makes this cover really pop. Purple seems to be in lately (in everything not just covers), but the deep plumb vs the violet color really makes this one stand out. Another good addition to the series. 

The Sweetest Dark by Shanna Abe: Released August 21, 2012

I really like this one. The pose is original and the way her dress turns into smoke (or is that clouds?) really adds to the imagery. The font is also a good choice even if it blends into the water a little too much. 

Heart of the Demon by Cynthia Garner: Released later in the year

Eh. Not sure about this one. I am not a huge fan of the pink font. It seems out of place. I like the tattoo on his neck, it is not too overdone, but his expression just screams "I'm going to eat you!" but not in the good sexy way. This one just doesn't do it for me. 


I am a fan of all these covers. This one really adds to the others in the series and matches wonderfully. I like the colors, but the red, purple, and blue mix is a bit of an odd choice. I think it would have been better if her shirt had been a different color. 

Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger (New Series): Released later this year

I really like this one! It does not scream YA, but does have the steam punk vibe. The black and white cover model on the purple (again) background is striking. 

Envy by Elizabeth Miles: Released September 4, 2012

Yet another great cover. I love the font of the title and how it matches the cover model's eyes. The petals are a nice touch as well. 

River Road by Suzanne Johnson: Released November 13, 2012

Decent cover but nothing to scream about. The cover model just does not have a very memorable appearance or expression, but the way her hair fans out and mists away is nice. 

Two Week's Notice by Rachel Caine: Released August 7, 2012

Pretty good cover. One of the few where the title is dead center. This one compliments the other cover in the series. 

The Lady is a Vamp by Lynsay Sands: Released July 31, 2012

Normally I am not a fan of the models looking away from the audience, but it works on this one. She seems to be very into the sexy guy kissing her shoulder. Love the bat as the V as well. 










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...