2/20/12

Interview: Tessa Gratton


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?

Oh, I was about 10, and started writing novels – which were only ever the first few chapters of novels. It was a way to keep busy in class after I finished my work! 

NRR: How were you inspired to write BLOOD MAGIC?

I was out walking my dog one day and had an idea about a brother and sister who could switch bodies at will – though that doesn’t have anything to do with Blood Magic anymore! That was the initial spark. I had to find a way to add monsters.  

NRR:  What is in your to be read pile?

CONFESSIONS OF THE SULLIVAN SISTERS by Natalie Standiford, BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead, SHADOWS ON THE MOON by Zoe Marriott and about 27 other things.

NRR: What made you decide to write in the young adult genre?

I love it! It’s my favorite genre to read, so of course I’ll write for it. The genre is so dynamic, and you can do anything you want. There are almost no rules for YA – and the ones we do have are begging to be broken!

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Netflix Streaming. I don’t have much patience for waiting week-to-week between TV shows, but some weekends I’ll sit down and watch an entire season of something. LIE TO ME, CRIMINAL MINDS, FRINGE, VERONICA MARS. DOCTOR WHO. It’s bliss.

NRR:  What would you say was the most challenging part for you while putting BLOOD MAGIC together?

Waiting! It’s always the waiting. 

NRR: Can you share with us the storyline to BLOOD MAGIC?

It’s about two teenagers in southern Missouri who meet in a cemetery and discover they share a family history of secret magic. With kissing. 

NRR: What is next in the works for you?

I’m revising the sequel – THE BLOOD KEEPER – right now, which comes out next year, and also working on something totally different that I’m hoping to sell next! Fingers-crossed!

Thanks for having me!

1 comment :

  1. Jag har tydligen ngot "tekniskt fel p avgasreningssystemet paydayloans the only thing that you've got to pay for attention can be your repaying capacity and eligible criteria.
    My webpage: paydayloans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...