2/20/12

Interview: Larissa Ione


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?  

Well, I've been writing since I was a kid. I always knew I wanted to be an author, but I didn't get serious about it until after my son was born when I was 29. I finally decided that I didn't want to just play at being an author -- I wanted to become one. So I hooked up with other aspiring authors in critique groups and started working on the craft. It was a lot of hard work -- years worth -- but it paid off.  Now I get to be a stay-at-home mom and arrange my schedule so that I have family time. It's really nice, but with my crazy deadlines, I swear I'm busier now than when I was working full time twelve-hour shifts five days a week at the weather stations where I worked for years!  
NRR: Can you share with us a day in the life of Larissa Ione?

I have a really, really boring routine.  Well, I make an attempt at a routine...I get up at 6:30 AM, get my son off to school and then sit down with my coffee and attempt to write until either he or my husband get home in the afternoon. I usually take a couple of hours off to hang out with them, and then I work again until around 9 PM.

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure? 

I'd say coffee, except that coffee is a necessity and not a guilty pleasure. :)  So I'll go with my guilty pleasure being cheesy movies on the SyFy network.

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Lords Of Deliverance series?  

Well, I've always loved apocalyptic prophecy, and the Four Horsemen have always fascinated me. I've planned to write about them for years, since before I wrote the Demonica series, actually, and then when Sin Undone came about (5th book in the Demonica series,) it felt like the perfect place to start a spinoff.  

NRR: Can you tell us a little about Eternal RIder(of course no spoilers)?

It's about Ares, also known as War, the second Horseman of the Apocalypse. He was introduced in Sin Undone, the fifth book of my Demonica series, and he's leading the charge to stop Armageddon, which his brother, Reseph, set into motion when his Seal broke and he became Pestilence, first Horseman of the Apocalypse.

NRR: What can fans expect to see from you next? Up next, in late June, is Taken By Fire, the sixth and last book in my erotic ACRO series I co-write with Stephanie Tyler as Sydney Croft, and then in September, I have a Demonica/Lords of Deliverance novella in the Supernatural anthology. The next Lords of Deliverance book, Immortal Rider, will be out in late November. I'm super excited for it!


Thank you for taking the time to join us! 
Thank you for having me!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...