2/20/12

Interview: Alexandra Ivy


NRR:Can you share with us how you got into writing?

I think I’m like most writers who started writing as soon as they could pick up a pen.  I scribbled my own versions of Nancy Drew and later I wrote my own romances (since I could create far yummier heroes than my high school offered ) but it wasn’t until I entered college that I thought of becoming a professional writer, although at the time I was a theatre major and I was busy trying to walk in the footsteps of Neil Simon and Oscar Wilde.  Once I married and had my first child I turned back to my love of reading romances and started writing my first of many, many manuscripts that I sent to New York before my first regency romance was purchased by Kensington.

NRR: Can you share with us a day in the life of Alexandra Ivy?

Right now it’s craziness .  I’m usually out of bed by six a.m.  I spend an hour exercising (both cardio and on a bike) then I soak in a tub (I’m at the age that exercise makes me sore) and then I head to my office.  I first work through emails and try to update my various sites, then I take care of any promo duties I have waiting.  From then on it’s writing, writing, writing… when I’m on a tight deadline like I’m on now I usually don’t stop until ten p.m. and I usually work weekends.  Not very glamorous I’m afraid.

NRR: Which female lead in the Guardians of Eternity did you relate to the easiest?

I think I put a little of myself in each of my female leads, but I think that I probably relate the most to Laylah.  She’s something of a loner who doesn’t fit easily into the world.  And she would battle the world to protect her child.    

NRR: If we did live in a supernatural world, what would you be a Vampire or Werewolf?

Absolutely a vampire!  I love the thought of eternal life and then there’s the whole sexually irresistible aspect.  Can you imagine being able to lure Johnny Depp into being your love slave? Mmmm.   And while the whole sucking blood might taking some getting used to, I would be happy to give up my craving for chocolate.

NRR: Can you share with us a little about Devoured By Darkness (Tane's story)?

Laylah is a jinn half breed whose very existence is considered an abomination against nature.  She’s been on the run for most of her life, always knowing that if she gets caught she’ll be hauled before the Commission (the leaders of the demon-world) and put to death.  She has no family, and no friends.  At least not until she’s captured by a wicked mage who uses her unique magic to move between dimensions so she can retrieve a baby wrapped in a stasis spell.  Laylah takes the child and escapes from the mage, doing whatever necessary to protect him.  Including kicking the butt of the gorgeous vampire who is hot on her trail.
Tane was sent to track down a renegade cur, but when he catches the scent of a mongrel jinn, he has no choice but to track her down and take her to the Commission.    It would be a scoop and dump.   Simple and easy.  Or at least that was the plan until he captures his elusive prey.  No one warned him that the terrifying abomination he was expecting would be a vulnerable young female with the soul of a warrior, the beauty of an angel, and the courage to battle the hordes of hell to protect to her child.   

NRR: If you had to choose from all the Guardians of Eternity, which one would you like to get stuck under the mistletoe with?

Oh, this is a difficult question.  I’m always in love with the hero that I’m writing.  But I suppose I’ll always have a special place in my heart for Dante.  He was my first and it’s because of him this wild, wonderful ride ever began!

NRR: What is a guilty pleasure for you?

A long, hot bubble bath, a glass of wine, and a great book…fabulous combination!

NRR: What can fans expect to see from you in the coming year?

I have a novella that will be included in the Supernatural anthology with the insanely talented authors:  Jacquelyn Frank, Larissa Ione, and G.A. Aiken!  The book should be out September 2011.  And then Ariyal’s story will be coming in Bound by Darkness in November 2011.  I’m also excited to announce that my earlier regency paranormals under the name Debbie Raleigh are going to be re-released and I might continue with their storylines!

Lots of exciting things and it’s all thanks to my wonderful fans!!!  They are the best!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...