2/20/12

Interview: Keary Taylor


NRR : Can you share with us how you got started into writing?

I'm one of those people who has been writing forever I guess.  I started writing short stories and poems in middle school.  I even wrote an epic Harry Potter fanfic when I was about 13, lol!  It was after I moved to WA though that I really got serious about writing.  It was hard to cope, moving 1,000 miles away from all my family, I had just had a baby.  So I started writing again and just wasn't able to stop!

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Fall of Angels series?


I actually got the idea while I was watching "The Phantom of the Opera" with my husband one night.  I've always loved the music but for some reason that night the term "Angel of Music" really stuck out to me that night.  Calling the Phantom, who was this terrifying man who did all these horrible things, an angel seemed so odd.  So the idea of terrifying angels kept evolving until Branded and Forsaken were created!
NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Honestly, reading.  I guess that's kinda sad... Being a mom with 2 really young kids, there is ENDLESS housework to be done!  And I always feel like I should be writing or editing when I sit down to read.  What can I say?  I love to read!

NRR: What is in your To Be Read pile?

I'm just finishing up Beautiful Darkness, up next is The Adoration of Jenna Fox.  I've also got Torment and Matched in the pile.  Among about 20 other books I'll get to (someday)...

NRR: If you could collaborate with any author who would you pick and why?

I know some people won't like this answer but I'm going to be honest.  Stephenie Meyer.  I admit, I'm a big Twilight fan.  Some people don't like her work and say bad things about her but look at what she's created!  She's sold millions of copies and created this whole world, both on the page and off.  There are very few authors who have accomplished what she has.  I think she's really an inspiration, being a stay at home mom with three kids.  I have to admit, she's kinda my idol, lol!

NRR: Which actress and actor do you see playing Jessica and Alex?

Since I got the idea for The Fall of Angels watching "The Phantom" Jessica has always been Emmy Rossum in my mind.  She will never be anyone else to me.  Alex, man, he has been REALLY hard to find a face for.  Robert Hoffman is the closest I can find but he's still not quite it...  Believe me, I will be bouncing and squealing like a little girl when I find the right guy.

NRR: Can you share with us a little about Forsaken (of course no spoilers)?

In Forsaken all the characters are developed in a MAJOR way.  About a third of the book is told from Alex's POV so you really get to know him.  You learn how Cole came to be the way he is.  He has a really interesting past.  Another thing is how much Alex and Jessica's relationship is tested.  Things are pulling them apart that they can't control and everyone is having a hard time dealing

NRR: What can fans expect to see from you in the coming year?

Well, as soon as I wrap up everything with Forsaken I will finish working on another project titled Eden.  It is a YA post-apocalyptic science fiction (how's that for a mouthful...).  I'm really excited to continue with this project.  I'm half done with the first draft so it shouldn't be too long before I can finish it.  And then when that project is finished I will start on the 3rd book in the Fall of Angels series, Vindicated.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...