2/20/12

Interview: Jessica Sorensen


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started in writing?

I’ve been writing since I was old enough to write and haven’t stopped since.  I started out writing short stories, and then in high school moved on to poetry. A couple of years ago I decided to try and write a book, which turned into The Fallen Star.

NRR: How were you inspired to write The Fallen Star?

I know this gets said a lot, but the idea came from a dream I had about a girl who, up until recently, couldn’t experience emotions. Eventually, that idea grew into The Fallen Star.


NRR: What advice can you give to aspiring authors?

Read as much as you write. You can learn a lot by studying the work of other authors. Also, revising your work is a must. The first draft of The Fallen Star was nowhere near what it is today.

NRR: What authors/books helped inspire your writing?

Many YA authors have inspired me to write. Like I said, I’ve always loved to write, but it wasn’t until a few years ago that I was introduced to the YA genre, and I realized what kind of novels I wanted to write.

NRR: Can you share with us the storyline of The Fallen Star?
Sure. The Fallen Star is about Gemma, an eighteen year-old girl who is anything but normal because up until recently, she has never been able to experience emotions.

While she struggles to deal with her newfound emotions, Alex enters her life and sets of a feeling of electricity in her, making her life even more complicated, especially because Alex seems to hate her. 

When Alex pulls Gemma into a world full of Death Walkers, Foreseers, vampires, and other paranormal creatures, she discovers there’s more to her than she could have ever possibly imagined, and she’s left trying to come to terms with who she really is. 

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?
Cheesecake, Mocha Coconut Frappuccinos, Java Monsters…basically anything that has sugar or caffeine in it.

NRR: What is next in the works for you?

I’m current working on the second book to the Fallen Star Series, and I hope to have it released sometime around September of this year.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...