2/20/12

Interview: Charlaine Harris


NRR: Can you share with us when you knew you wanted to be a writer?

I always wanted to be a writer, from the time I learned how to read.

NRR: Did you often begin a book and then never finish it when you started writing? Can you remember what any of those stories were about?

Ahhhh . . . no, I think I only did that once. There’s one not-finished book. I showed it to my agent and he didn’t like it at all, so I started work on something else. I do remember it, and I probably have it somewhere.

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Sookie Stackhouse series?

I wanted to write something completely different for me, and I decided the story would be about a woman who was dating a vampire.

NRR: Has writing the Sookie novels been an easy path? Were there times when you had no idea where the characters wanted to go and just had to hang on for the ride?

The characters all come from me. There were many times when I was stymied about what might happen next, but sooner or later I’d have an idea and off I’d go. Writing is never easy, frankly. It can go faster or slower, but it’s never easy.

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Expensive purses. A cheap purse can hold things just as well as an expensive one, and I only let myself go up to a certain limit, but I do enjoy buying them.

NRR: As many fans know the popular HBO series True Blood is based off your Sookie Stackhouse series. Do you visit the production set much?

They’re working, I’m working, so no; not too much. I’ve been a couple of times, and of course I do some personal appearance stuff with the cast.



NRR: Can you share with us a little about Dead Reckoning?

We go in the attic. Readers have asked me for years what was in the attic. Well, you’ll find out.

NRR: How many more books can we expect to the Sookie Stackhouse series?

I have two more books to write in the series.

NRR: What can fans expect to see from you next?

*This year I have a Sookie in May, the Sookie Companion in the fall, “Home Improvement; Undead Edition” in August (an anthology co-edited with my friend Toni Kelner), and a short story in “Down These Strange Streets.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...