2/20/12

Interview: Brigit Zahara


NRR: Can you share with us when you knew you wanted to be a writer? 

I guess it would have been after I completed my first story and submitted it. Up until then, my writings were really ramblings or single scenes without any link or context. But with the completion of FRONT PAGE FATE, my first vampire erotica tale, I tentatively thought it would be a great new career.

NRR: What authors/books help inspire your writing career? 

I think they all do. I am an avid reader and a very eclectic one at that...I can very easily jump from an erotic romance to a gut-wrenching survivor's true account of the Holocaust to an edgy murder mystery to a spiritual self-help book, etc.
By reading such a wide variety of stories and styles, I am intricately inspired in a way I can't even describe. I'd like to think it makes all my stories richer, more realistic and moving.


NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Hmmm. Which one? LOL Depends on the day and the mood. Some former favorites include champagne, filet mignon, Spanish coffee and of course, the ever popular chocolate.


NRR: How were you inspired to write The More The Merrier? 

A compilation of five separate stories, the inspiration for each came in different ways. Bar None began as the single scene of  an upset woman in sunglasses walking into a bar and it just took off from there; Kissing the Blarney Stone and Chocolate Craving came hot on the heels of holidays to Ireland and Paris respectively; Sandwich Play took the memory of a former flame and ran with it; and The Turning evolved from the single mental image of a bulky muscular chest "roadmapped" by numerous, old scars.


NRR: What is in your to be read pile? 

Oh it's sizeable. Let's see, there's The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest; Eat, Pray, Love; Contact, Mortal Fear, Pillars of the Earth, Forgotten Garden, The Soul of Leadership.


NRR: Can you share with us a little about The More The Merrier? 

I've been deemed The Mistress of the Menage because of the heat level in the threesomes in the book. Let's just say it "ain't" for the faint of heart :) 


NRR: What is next in the works for you?

Within the next couple of months I have two vampire books coming out: Spontaneous Combusion is a M/M thriller and the M/F Mystery Man is a romantic mystery. However, right now, a holiday to Cuba is in the works for me and then we'll see...  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...