5/11/13

Review: Will You Dance, Miss Laurence? by Raven McAllen

Title: Will You Dance, Miss Laurence?
Author: Raven McAllan
Series: Dance Studio, #1
Release Date: March 15th 2013
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Genre: Erotic Romance
Rating: 3.5 Hoots
Reviewer: Charity
Buy From:  Amazon/ Barnes and Noble


Sum It Up!  I did enjoy the story to some extent .


Summary:
Dancing lessons were supposed to be fun, but who ever heard of attending them without your knickers on?

Shibari Master Ryan is intrigued by Ava, so when his cousin asks a favor, he is only too happy to help Ava out of the rut she says she is in.

Will her past allow her to enjoy his bondage, or will true submission prove a step too much? (Goodreads)

Review:
The idea behind Will You Dance, Miss Laurence is good, the interaction between the characters was good. The flow was steady and the climax was a surprise. I gobbled this story up in one sitting so my attention was definitely held. Why the 3.5 rating….I really struggled with the rating because of nitpicky things that really irritated me.  

First, the HEA seemed forced and unnatural. What MS. Laurence feels is lust and release of fear, by no means is it love. What Ryan feels is appreciation for her ability to try and of course lust. So why the author felt we must wrap up with an HEA is beyond me, the making love scene was BS and did not feel real.

Then there is Ms. Laurence’s seeming naivety of BDSM, but her obvious dealings with it in the past. The climaxes reveal and then as quick as lightening she overcomes the fear. It’s all unbelievable, even though I wanted it for her- to recover from her trauma.

Other details like—how does her best friend not know who her husband was? Then I see that this is the first book in a series, why, the story is wrapped up in my opinion and I see no opening for additional characters because “The Dance Studio” is not a real place.

Sorry, rant is over now. I do not feel I wasted my time because I did enjoy the story to some extent it just wasn’t great.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...