5/13/13

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Title: Walking Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire 
Series: Beautiful Travis POV
Release Date: April 2nd 2013
Publisher: Atria Books
Genre: Romance
Rating: 5 Hoots
Reviewer: Angela
Buy From:  AmazonBarnes and Noble
Given by: Net Galley


Sum It Up! Enjoy Walking Disaster’s raw, no holds barred, sexy as hell story told like no other can  




Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.  (Goodreads)

Review:
At last the guy, I mean, book we’ve all been waiting for: Travis, I mean Walking Disaster, LOL.  Jamie McGuire turned our world upside down in Beautiful Disaster, written in Abby’s POV. We fell in love with both she and Travis and now, we get one hell of a look through Travis’s POV in Walking Disaster.

As much as I couldn’t wait to grab hold of this book, uncertainty of this story being boring crept in. (I know, throwing tomatoes at my own self) But this is not the case! Walking Disaster begins with Travis as a little kid, as his mom is dying. And let me just say, I cried, like a freaking baby——because how awful to read through Travis’s boyish, innocent thoughts. Well, I was hooked. So yes, we get to relive Travis' and Abby’s love story, but with more depth and feeling than I first thought. I’m not going to give anything away, but I’ll share this: Remember when Travis dropped Abby off, after spending Thanksgiving with his family? Well, the emotions reading from Travis’s POV brought on a considerable amount of heartache. I mean. . .I just. . .wow. McGuire is an exceptional author and she gives us a great ending, which expands beyond Beautiful Disaster.   

This review doesn’t come close to detailing every great aspect this story really, truly holds. I can’t give enough praise, and the more I write, the more I want to give away the hot, steamy, sexy parts. Along with heart wrenching, tear jerking moments when I wanted to yell, even knowing the outcome. I think reading Walking Disaster may have been more of a strain than the first book. 

Enjoy Walking Disaster’s raw, no holds barred, sexy as hell story told like no other can: Travis (Mad Dog) Maddox 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...