2/28/13

Review: Paradise Hops by Liz Crowe

Title: Paradise Hops
Author:Liz Crowe
Release Date:October 15th 2012
Publisher:Tri Destiny Publishing (Netgalley)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 4.5 HOOTS
Reviewer: Karia
Buy From: Amazon/B&N


Sum It Up!I loved it!

 



 Summary
A brutal attack left Lori Brockton convinced she was damaged goods. By
the time she emerges from hiding two years later, ready to run her
family's famous brewery, she's determined to be independent--never rely
on anyone ever again. Nearly a year of working in every corner of
Brockton Brewing Company, from warehouse to pub, front office to
kitchen, teaches her all she needs to know about the business. Then, she
comes face-to-face with masculine perfection in a suit and her world is
rocked in more ways than one. Garret Hunter is the new Brockton business
manager who takes one look at the beautiful, sad young woman and his
entire existence coalesces around winning her heart.

But standing between Garrett and what he believes is his true love, is a
six-feet six-inch blond-haired bad boy brewer.

Eli Buchannan is a craft beer rock star, recently hired by Brockton to
drag the company into the 21st century. He brings innovation and
attitude plus a prima donna ladies' man reputation. But he's sworn off
anything resembling commitment, personal or professional, after getting
burned at his last job on both fronts.

Garret Hunter is "The Perfect Man" -- handsome, successful, stable,
eager to settle down. Eli Buchannan... is not. Compelling, smoking hot,
creative and elusive, he represents everything Lori Brockton should
avoid. But just as she makes a difficult choice, a drastic life-changing
shift occurs, and nothing is ever the same again.(Goodreads) 

Review
Oh, my, oh my...where to begin with this one. This book had so many
things that I dislike about a story: rape, depression, cheating, lies,
hidden/repressed feelings...and yet I loved it! I would have given it 5
Hoots if some aspects of the end were different...but I digress. Best
quote: "Now kiss me you crazy bitch before I lose my mind!"

I loved part one. The story opened and we got a real feel for Lori, her
history and her struggles. She was rocked by the loss of her mother,
but when she was brutally raped, her life changed forever. After two
years of living in a fog, Lori surfaced and decided to become an active
member of her family brewery. Then, she meets Garret and soon after
Eli. Two amazing men. Two very different men.

Garret knows what he wants and he goes and gets it. While he is pretty
close to perfect, Lori holds back. The story never explains why or how
she feels (deep down), but she does seem to have a knack for screwing up
a great thing. First, by pushing Garret away time and time again...then
by flirting and kissing Eli. Garret hopes to force her hand to choose
between him and Eli, only to have it backfire and blow up in his face.

Part two was hard. Lori left them both to pursue her dream of becoming
a brew master. Both men came to terms with the other and then became
friends. Eli and Garret decided to wait for Lori to return and choose
for herself which of them she wanted. But time and fate forced a change
of plans.
Part three...was super, extra, tearfully hard. Lori is back in
Michigan, living in a fog until the day she switches on and lives to
work. I loved Eli at so many parts in this book. And, I loved Garret.
I can see the struggles and hardships that Lori experienced had changed
her, but I wanted so much more for her. Both Eli and Garret wanted more
for her...and neither ever asked for more from her. That fact was the
amazing part that I loved about this book. Are there really men out
there willing to sacrifice their own happiness and love for their one
true love? I made a connection while reading this book...that I want to
believe the answer is yes. I was so angry and sad about Creed (Kristen
Ashley's book Creed) because he was not willing to see the love of his
life happy with someone else, married to someone else, making babies
with someone else. This story brought home to me just how much I love
stories that give me that sacrifice, that unselfish love.

I hope you all enjoyed my ramblings over this book...try it! Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...