10/20/12

Review: Reflected In You by Sylvia Day

Title:Reflected in You
Author:Sylvia Day
Series: Crossfire #2
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Penguin
Genre: Erotic/Contemporary Romance
Rating: 3.75 Hoots
Reviewer: Angela
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble



Sum It Up! Enjoy Reflected in You with a grain of salt, a box of tissues and a good glass of wine!


Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
(Goodreads)
Review:
Reflected in You is the second book of the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day. Unlike Bared to You, I was able to read with wincing- too much. I love a good erotic romance but some of the word choices by Day turned me off- obviously not too much or I wouldn’t have finished.
Eva and Gideon are two people whose lives have been plagued by their past but with the help of Eva’s shrink; their relationship can only grow stronger. Until he suggests to the somewhat happy couple they should spend time apart- no sex! WTH? I know, I thought the same thing but thankfully the two love birds didn’t take the advice.
As the story progresses so does the heat, need and fire scorching sex. However, this story gives us a nice curve ball and every piece of my heart just broke because of it. Gideon pushes Eva away and all her insecurities are pushed to the limits. Lies, betrayal, heartache and so much more drive a wedge between the two but in the end, the separation was precisely what was needed.
Enjoy Reflected in You with a grain of salt, a box of tissues and a good glass of wine!

3 comments :

  1. Great review. I haven't heard a lot about "Bared to You" but I have heard a bit about it in the blogosphere. I don't know if it's my cup of tea, but your review kind of makes me want to check it out.

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummed she moved the release of book 3 til next year. Maybe she's going to juice up the ending based on how things went down with this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hopeing for a better book in the next release! I like this series but not as much as I did with 50;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...