10/30/12

Review: Double Time by Olivia Cunning

Title:Double Time
Author:Olivia Cunning
Series: Sinners On Tour-Book 3
Release Date: November 1, 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Erotica
Rating: 4 1/2 Hoots (only because I wanted Eric and Jace's stories first)
Reviewer: Karia
Buy From: Amazon/ Barnes and Noble



Sum It Up! Wow…where do I even begin with this book?
 

Olivia Cunning delivers the perfect blend of steamy sex, heartwarming romance, and a wicked sense of humor in this ménage story featuring the hottest guy in the Sinners band.

Trey Mills, the notoriously sexy Sinners rhythm guitarist, gives up his bisexual lifestyle and is swept into a hot, heady romance with Reagan Elliot, a female rock star sensation. But when Trey encounters Reagan's sexy bisexual roommate, Ethan Conner, he can no longer deny who he is or what he wants. Reagan heartily agrees to a solution that opens up a hot new world of sexual experience--and love--with the two men she wants the most. (Goodreads)
Review:
Wow…where do I even begin with this book? I loved Backstage Pass. It was just so different and wild and unique that I devoured it in a day! Then add to my excitement the fact that the Sourcebooks package contained the second book, Rock Hard, which I read immediately following the first book. Brian and Myrna were great, but Sed and Jessica with all their history and drama really gave some meat to the erotica bones of the Sinner's series.
Trey, his love for Brian, his decent into addiction and his forced intervention were all such dark elements within Rock Hard, that I still felt them as open wounds during Double Time. Before moving forward with the review, I have to voice my opinion to the publishers. I truly believe that publishing Trey's book out of order (third instead of last) was extremely wrong. It was too fast for me. After the addiction and the loss of himself during his mourning over Brian, I really feel like I needed Eric and Jace's books to "get over" Brian and the drugs. It was just too soon to have Trey in a place where he had anything to offer Reagan or Ethan. Rant over.
Reagan is just a change of pace from the other Sinner women. She has her own stuff going on and she is an amazing musician. The fact that she plays like Brian, loves sex as much as Trey and comes with a hot dominant gay roommate only cement her footings into Trey's life. But after giving up men to pursue his commitment to Reagan, Trey finds himself hiding who and what he needs.
Having scared off more boyfriends than he cares to count, Ethan immediately recognizes that Trey is different. For one, Trey is totally in love with Reagan. For two, Trey is totally in lust with Ethan. And for three, Trey turns him down flat when Ethan tries to seduce him. Trey won't disrespect Reagan, their love or their commitment. Trey is exactly the kind of man Reagan (and he) needs…but first he needs to convince Reagan and Trey to include him. Ethan, a former police officer turned bodyguard, is huge, handsome and definitely not gay, but bisexual. He is still in love with Reagan, but he has no idea how he can make their relationship work. I loved the struggle that Trey and Ethan had to resist each other. They took turns teasing and seducing the other, but in the end, it was Reagan goading them on that broke down all their barriers.

Personally, I don't like the MMF scenario. I generally find it fascinating when authors include MFM to a scene here or there, but it must be all about the woman's pleasure. Perversely, I will admit that I have read and yet still don't understand long term MFM arrangements. So, you can imagine that I was a bit thrown by this story. Ethan with Reagan. Trey with Reagan. Trey with Ethan. Trey with Reagan and Ethan. Ethan with Trey and Reagan. Reagan with both Ethan and Trey…on and on...But somehow, I loved when Reagan stood back and looked at it from the other side of the bed. I loved how she felt when Trey looked her in the eyes and told her he loved her while lovin' her. Then, it broke my heart when she noticed that Trey did not give that kind of lovin' to Ethan. She thought it several times…Ethan deserves Trey's fierce love!
And oh, boy…Trey loves something fierce. He cuddles, he gives, he shares and when he tells Brian and Ethan how he really feels…my heart broke wide. After years of unrequited love, Trey finally had the true love he deserved. Reagan's love. And, Ethan's love! Enjoy!

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...