9/6/12

Publishing Week: Interview with Erin Galloway!





NRR: Thank you for taking the time to join us! Can you share with us how you got started?

I started out as a communications major in college and I went on to get my master’s degree in publishing.  An internship in the publishing industry proved that this was definitely the career for me.  It’s an industry full of people who are incredibly passionate about books and I love being a part of it.

 

NRR: What is your favorite/ hardest part of the job?

One of my favorite parts of my job is seeing readers and reviewers get excited about the books I’m working on.  Like everyone else in publishing, I’m just an enthusiastic reader at heart, so sharing that excitement with readers, reviewers and bloggers is wonderful.  

 

NRR: Can you share with us what a day as a publicist is like?

The great thing about publicity is that no two days are alike.  Of course, there are a number of things I do on a regular basis, including review mailings, booking author events, writing press releases and pitching media contacts. 

 

NRR: What are some of the perks to your job?

One big perk of my job probably comes as no surprise – I have a never ending supply of amazing books to read!

 

The other major perk is being able to work with the authors I love.

 

NRR: What are your thoughts on e-books vs. prints?

I love both formats and regularly read both.  It’s all a matter of personal preference so I’m glad both formats are available for readers.

 

NRR: Have you had the chance to work with any of your favorite authors?

Yes!  One of the best parts of my job is meeting and working with authors whose books I read long before I began working in publishing.  And of course it’s also excited to work with debut authors because I’m “getting the scoop” on great new talent.

 

NRR: What advice do you have for aspiring author’s who are looking to get published?

An editor I used to work with always tells authors to write the book of their heart and I think that is excellent advice.  Writing what you’re passionate about shows in the writing and if you work hard enough and persevere long enough, eventually you’ll find the right home for your book.

 

Thanks so much for having me as a guest!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...