8/20/12

Interview: Jennifer Knight






NRR: What are three reasons made you decide to become a writer?


 I  never knew I wanted to write until college. Basically, I couldn’t figure out what else I wanted to do with my life, and writing was the only thing that interested me. Once I started creating stories and characters, I couldn’t stop. It became my little obsession. So I guess the three reasons are indecisiveness, freedom to be creative, and passion.




NRR: Can you describe the most important part of your writing process?


 By far it’s got to be the editing portion. I used to think that good writers never edited. The words just flowed out of them flawlessly without their needing to work at it. SO WRONG. After reading other authors’ blogs and talking to them about the writing process, I’ve come to realize that editing is everything. You can have a great idea, but if you don’t shape it into a great story (by editing your butt off), it’s just a bunch of cool concepts. Editing is essential. I go through at least eight to ten drafts before a story is “finished.”




NRR: Blood Crave is the second book in your Blood of the Moon series. Can you share the premise of this series for readers who have not had a chance to read it yet?


The Blood on the Moon series is all about Faith, a human girl in college who meets a werewolf, Lucas. They fall into turbulent love and have to band together to fight against the vampires in both century-old wars and new ones. In the second book, Faith’s best friend, Derek, has been infected by both a vampire and a werewolf, which causes all kinds of interesting problems.




NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?


 Oh, such an evil question! I have many. My guiltiest pleasures have got to be chocolate (lots and lots of chocolate!), video games with my husband, and watching Keeping up with the Kardashians. I’m sorry. It’s so horrible. But I’m obsessed with that show and I can’t help it.




NRR: How were you inspired to write Faith's character?


 Faith is a lot like me, so she was really very easy to write. At first. Once I started having to edit her, I got into trouble. Because I understood her so deeply, it was difficult to change her for the sake of the story.




NRR: What other careers have you had besides being an author?


Professionally? None. I got into writing when I was twenty. I had just had my first child and was floundering through college without direction, so I didn’t really get to the whole career part of life. Unprofessionally, the only other “job” I’ve had is motherhood. I have two beautiful children who both inspire me and keep me from writing!




NRR: If Faith were to post a tweet, what would it say?


Lucas just told me where werewolf tails go when they shift. Wish I hadn’t asked. #werewolvesarenasty #seriously




NRR: What is next in the works for you?


 I’m hoping to sell the last book of the Blood on the Moon series, as well as another project I’m working on that has everything to do with demons and not enough to do with chocolate.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...