7/16/12

Interview with Lisa Bekker

NRR: Hi Lisa! Thank you for taking the time to join us today. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself ?
I am a first-time author who told herself as a little girl she would write a book one day.  When I fell in love, I was inspired to write a book that would be a fun read for anyone who has ever had a bad date, been in love, been dumped, or is searching for "the one." 

NRR: Your debut Chick lit novel, Click: An Online Love Story has received raved reviews. Can you share with us how you were inspired to write this story?
My husband and I met online on a popular dating website twelve years ago.  After we married, I was recalling some of the hilarious experiences that I had with both traditional and online dating.  I decided to capture some of them in writing and from there, a novel emerged.  In some cases, things are written as they actually occurred.  Other scenarios are exaggerated for comedic affect.  And some scenarios are completely fictionalized.  But, the happy ending is real.  We've been happily married for about nine years and have two amazing daughters - ages 7 and 5. 

NRR:Do you read or avoid reviews?
I read, re-read and agonize over every review and they certainly do influence me.  I have a Facebook page here set up for Click: An Online Love Story.  And I’ve been asked numerous times when the sequel is coming out.  I’m thrilled people are feeling invested in the characters and want to know more.  With each positive review and reader comment, I get more and more motivated to continue writing. 

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?
Dark chocolate brown sugar butter creams from See’s Candies.  I’ve had expensive chocolates from across the world, but to me, there’s nothing better than good old fashioned Sees. 

NRR: For those who have not had the opportunity to read Click: An Online Love Story, can you give us three words that best describes the plot?
Modern epistolary fun!

NRR: Besides being an author, what other job titles have you held?
I’m fortunate to have had several wonderful careers outside of writing including being a wife, mom, PR professional with a global agency, college professor at University of Southern California among other schools and Girl Scout troop leader.  But, I’ve always wanted to learn to professionally decorate cakes.  Not only does it look fun, but really yummy!

NRR: What's in your to be read pile?
I have several Heather Wardell novels on my Kindle right now, which I’m hoping to read this summer. 

NRR: What's next in the works for you?
Due to the feedback so far, I finished a sequel, Double Click that picks up six months later.  I’m hoping it will be available next year.  I’m flattered that people are excited to see where Renee and her friends are in their lives. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...