4/28/12

Cover Lover


Title and some covers borrowed from ALTUF and WS


 Widow's Web by Jennifer Estep
Elemental Assassin # 7
  Aug 21, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 I am a huge fan of these covers. I love how they are so consistent and eye catching. I'm not sure how crazy I am about the white cover/stepback though. I would like for the inside cover to be the outside so that it matches the rest of the series...
Love this series and their covers. They stay persistant with the character and the series. Love the stepback with her pose and the rune showing on her hand!
"Huzzah!"



Outpost by Ann Aguirre
Razorland #2
   Sep 4, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
I LOVE this cover! Reminds me of the hills have eyes. I have not read this series, but after seeing this, I think I may give it a go!
Kinda creepy but very bold. The detail and colors are very eyecatching,
N/A




 Dark Water by Tricia Rayburn
Siren  # 3
   July 10, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
The colors in this cover are soft and natural. The rocky scene with her searching really brings home the theme of the story.
I really like the sky in this one with all the different colors breaking thru.Love the script!
“Here it is, the final installment of the Siren trilogy (available July 10)! Who's that boy on the rocks? You'll have to read to find out!”




 Dark Light of Day by Jill Archer
 Noon Onyx # 1
   Oct 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Something about the cartoonish look of the model throws me. I do like the color scheme and the detailed gate behind her. 
Not crazy over this one. I like the gate but I feel that has been done enough already. I am intrigued by the ball of fire in her hand and the book in her arm.
“I love Noon’s expression. Standing in front of a fiery sky, holding a fireball in her bare palm, she looks slightly defiant, but also calm and somewhat calculating. Here’s a young woman who is carefully considering something (probably where to put that fireball! :-D ).”





 Devil's Gate by Thea Harrison 
  Elder Races # 4.55
    June 5, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Good cover, but something about it seems off. The title and author name match but don't match at the same time. I think all the extra objects in the background could have don without. Can defiantly tell this is an eCover.
To busy for me with all the distractions I have a hard time to focus on one thing.
“My utterly wonderful Samhain editor, Heather, got approval for the cover art so that I could post it today.  We’re both so excited!”




  Break My Heart 1,000 Times by Daniel Waters  
  N/A
  Oct 16, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
I love this cover. There is something so haunting about it. Her expression is fierce and the strike marks really bring it all together. 
Love the script and the look in her eyes.This one really goes with the title.
N/A




  The Suburbans Strange by Nathan Kotecki
  N/A
  Oct 2, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Beautiful cover. I wish I could see more of the detail that I know is there. The font of the title is different, but really works on this cover. 
Stunning! Love the colors, her pose, and the background!
N/A



 Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
  Mystic City # 1
   Oct 9, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Something I like something I don't. I like the title and author name as well as the city behind her. Not crasy about the hair flying upward though.
Very intriguing! The girl is eyecatching but not crazy over her hair going up. The script is simple but fits this cover nicely
N/A




 The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
 Mara Dyer # 2
    Oct 23, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
This is one of my favorite series! While I do not like this cover as much as the first, it is still hauntingly beautiful and in a league all its own. I think the models are really trying to tell readers something here. 
I think the title is placed wrong and it takes away from the couple. I like that the colors are kept simple and that this one really makes you think of the story.
N/A



Divinely Ruined by Diane Alberts 
 N/A
    April 26, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Pretty cover. I like the reds in her hair and the apple. I also like how the white background portrays innocence while the apple speaks naughty volumes. 
Beautiful model and I love her hair color and style. I also like how everyting is muted down to make her stand out. I feel the title is too bold to go with her elegance.
He perfectly captured the heroine’s attitude and sass, and made an eye-catching, perfectly yummy cover!”



Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir 
 Timeless # 2
     Dec 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Eh cover. It matches the first well, but the expressions on the model's faces just don't do it for me. The soft fog like background is nice though.
Kinda corny.However, I do like the softness of the script.
N/A



 Shadowlands #3
     Oct 2,2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Loving this guys expression. Just screams that he is up to something. Normally the Kelly green would throw me but it fits in well with the other covers. 
Hot guy! Not cazy of all the green but it does go well with the pink script.
N/A



Poison by Molly Cochran
 Legacy # 2
     Dec 4, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
This cover shouts young adult. I like the setting but do the cover models look mad to you? I think they were going for tough but didn't make it. 
The models look kinda nerdy..but maybe thats the look they are going for. I do like the title's boldness and postion.
N/A



Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shaye
 Portal # 1
     N/A
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
I adore this cover. Now that expression is what couples looking at one another should have! Soft, but powerful
So pretty! Love the couples embrace. Beautifully done!
N/A



Spellfire by Jessica Andersen
  Final Prophecy # Finale
     Nov 6, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Not crazy about the same ole same ole shirtless guy, but look at that gal. She is on fire! Literally and figuratively. 
Oh! I likey! Hot couple and the flames are nicely done!
N/A




Master of Darkness by Angela Knight
   Mageverse # 9
     Aug 7, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Eh, a so so cover for me. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but something just does not work
Not my style. Too many colors and not into the whole barbarian look.
N/A





Double Time by Olivia Cunning
 Sinners on Tour # 3
     Nov 1, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
I like this cover. Not very different from other erotica covers, but still a nice touch.
This just screams steam! Beautifully done!
N/A






Nobody's Perfect by Kallypso Masters
Rescue Me #4
   May 31, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
Once again, this cover is more of the same. 
It's okay but nothing to set the world on fire.
N/A
















No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...