4/16/12

Cover Lover

Title and some covers borrowed from ALTUF and WS


 Out For Blood by Kristen Painter
 House of Comarre # 4
 Oct 30, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 These covers are amazing, and the latest does not disappoint. Look at those tattoos! And the glowing daggers. A perfect edition to the rest of the series. 
I love these covers! So detailed and eye catching with the white,silver,black and red!
N/A



 Jill Kismet by Lilith St Crow
 Complete Series 
 NA
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 I like the colors and the direction this cover is headed. Much more UF than the individual covers
The colors are beautiful and this cover is way better then the previous ones to this series.
NA



 Bad Hair Day by Carrie Harris
 Kate Grable # 2
 Dec 13, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 Very creepy. I like that the artist is not necessarily going with the traditional YA feel. The font type is perfect. 
This cover gives a tragic story feeling which I hope is what they were shooting for. Like the font.
NA



 A Demon to Die For by Sidney Ayers
 Demons Unleashed # 3
 Feb 13, 2013
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 Nice colors, but the cover models position is so overdone. I would like to see something original. And the Photoshop looking jewels? So out of place on the human model cover. 
To busy for me with all the colors but the male model is not to hard on the eyes.
NA



 Covet by Melissa Darnell
 The Clann # 2
 Sept 25, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 Like the lighting and the red on black and white, but her face is just bad. It does not really give me any indication that she is running away or to something or why.
Another simple but strong cover. Love these colors and her dress.
NA



 Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
 White Rabbit Chronicles # 1
 Sept 25, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author's Exclaims 
 I really like how this cover took the old innocent of Alice in Wonderland and turned it into a mystical feel. I like the lighting and coloring, but the title kind of blends into the background. 

I love the background to this cover,very eyecatching. The girl is stunning with her innocent look.





 Ember's Kiss by Deborah Cooke
Dragonfire #8  
 Oct 2, 2012
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take 
Author Exclaims 
Beautiful colors. I love the sunset and how the font color blends perfectly. A great addition to the series. 
First, I was drawn to the man then the backgound. Oh..and the tattoo and his butt are rather delish too!
 How do they keep making each cover better than the last one? I can’t figure it out, but it’s all good.




 The Demoness of Waking Dreams by Stephanie Chong
In the Company of Angels #2 
Aug 28, 2012 
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Not crazy about the red font, but the rest is beautiful. Her position manages to say, I am in charge and come get me all at the same time!
Stunning! I love the wings.It's like you could reach out and feel the softness of them.The pinks and purples add to the softness.
 N/A




 Iced by Karen Marie Moning
Fever World #1 
Oct 30, 2012 
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take 
Author Exclaims 
Great addition. It has just enough of a new look to symbolize spin off while still fitting in nicely with the redesign of the Fever covers
Fits the title perfect. I like how the ice covers the scene like looking thru a broken piece of glass.
 N/A




Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick 
Ashes Trilogy #2 
Sept 25, 2012 
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
I cannot really tell what is going on here. I agree with the author that it has a Scooby Doo vibe and I am not loving it. The color is pretty enough but does not work here. 
Not crazy over this one. Very dark and I think it takes away from the title of the book with it going verticle.
 I’ll be honest. My first response was a Scooby-Doo uh-wuh? I’d grown very attached to my creepy-weird, gender neutral original cover. The new look felt . . . whoa, wait a second. I LIKED being creepy-weird, you know? But I DO remember that when I first that original cover, I’d been a little concerned about the lack of color.



 Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster
N/A 
Sept 2012 
 Lenore's Take
 Brandi's Take
 Author Exclaims
Loving the model's position. Sexy and dominate! I am not getting a fantasy vibe here, but I can defiantly tell that it is steampunk
Nice! Love this one with the setting and the colors. Her leg up really brings out the sexy couple.
 N/A


 Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire
October Daye #6 
Sept 4, 2012 
 Lenore's Take
 Brandi's Take
 Author Exclaims
I wish Toby was doing something a little more than standing around. The colors are nice, but almost wash out her face. However, it goes well with the others in the series. 
When I see Seanann's covers I always think Urban Fantasy.  I like how it really focuses on the girl and the color effects complement one another.
 N/A





A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso
N/A 
Nov 20, 2012 
Lenore's Take 
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
I like the pearly looking texture of the cover and how her hair blends into the shimmer. I think fairy more than angels though
Before I even saw the title I thought angel. This is a beautiful cover with the gold and purple and I like the title being written in soft simple script. 
 N/A


 13 Tales of Society, Scandal, and Romance
Sept 4, 2012 
Lenore's Take 
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Love this cover. It fits the title perfectly. I think they really captured the vibe of this anthology 
Very Elegant! Beautiful model and the edging around the cover really brings out her outfit!
 N/A



 Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich
 Unmentionables #2
June 19, 2012 
 Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Not loving this cover. It is too much, yet not enough. Too much color and not enough to look at
I love Janet but I have to say not the covers of her books and this one follows her previous ones. Kind boring but I do like the script.
 N/A



 Fragile Darkness by Ellie James
Midnight Dragonfly #3 
Nov 27, 2012 
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims 
I like how the necklace is not in her hand like previous covers. It allows the eye to look at the overall picture instead of just the necklace. The feel is soft and glowing. I really think this one was done well. 
Elegant! Love the gold and glowing effect.
 Very pretty. I remember there were some photoshop issues with the first cover, but not seeing any problems at all this time. The glowing effect is especially well done.



 Flock by Wendy Delsol
 Stork #3
Sept 11, 2012 
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Liking the font and how the birds go with the title without being too much. Not crazy about the look on her face or how the hair is in her eyes though. 
The yellow and brown of the background really go with her hair. The shadowing is done perfectly so it does not all blend together. Very pretty!




Incarnation by Emma Cornwall
Debut
Sept 18, 2012
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
I love this cover! She really stands out without overdoing it. The clockwork mends seamlessly into the background. I am so stoked about this book!
I love the background of the city and her dress. The clocks seem to overpower just a bit but overall eyecatching.
NA



Wolfishly Yours by Lydia Dare
Westfield Wolves #6
Nov 1, 2012
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Not a huge fan of this cover. The colors do not go together at all, but does that guy not look like a young Leonardo Di Caprio?
Too busy for me. Alot going on with the couple,wolf,house and mountain.
NA



Midnight's Seduction by Donna Grant
Seduction #3
Oct 20
Lenore's Take
Brandi's Take
Author Exclaims
Not usually a fan of all one color covers but this one works. I like the knife in his hand and how she is so focused on him. 
First, hello muscles! Nice chest and abs! The girl is kinda forgotten on this one.










No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...