2/25/12

Review:All Wounds-Dina James

Title: All Wounds
Author: Dina James
Release Date: October 2011
Publisher: Mundania
Genre: Young Adult
Rating: 4 Hoots
Reviewer: Ali








It's said that when opportunity knocks on your door, you have only one chance to take it.
No one said what you're supposed to do when it kicks it.
All Rebecca MacDonnell wants to do is get through high school with grades good enough to win a prestigious scholarship so that she can finally leave her miserable life behind. One evening, after a particularly bad day, she finds out that people other than her aging grandmother need her help, and desperately so.
Well, not “people,” exactly. Vampires, werewolves, demons, ghosts, goblins, and other things thought only imaginary all need help sometime, and Rebecca was born with the unique ability to heal ethereal beings. She is about to turn seventeen, the age at which her talent will manifest in its entirety, and become a true Healer…if she lives through the event. A war between various ethereal factions is brewing, and Healers are a valuable commodity to any side. Those who wish to harness Rebecca’s manifesting healing powers for their own purposes must get to her before her seventeenth birthday.
Only two vampires and a rogue werewolf stand between Rebecca and those determined to make her serve them, and the fact that Rebecca has no clue what she's doing doesn't exactly help matters.
Neither does being seriously attracted to more than one of those just trying to protect her.
For a soon-to-be seventeen-year-old Healer-in-training, that's a lot to handle.
Especially on top of her homework. (Goodreads)

Review:
I was so excited when I realized that this story first featured as a short story/novella in the anthology Eternal Kiss was going to be written as a full length novel. I really enjoyed the shorter version so I knew I was in for a treat reading the whole novel and I wasn't disappointed.
James created a very realistic world full of just about every creature you could want and dream of.Vampires, shapeshifters, healers, goblins, fairies, demons, hellhounds...I could go on and on with all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) creatures and people in this story.

First off I really love the heroine, Rebecca. I love kick butt heroines who can get the job done, who are strong and courageous and still loving and likeable and this was definitely who Rebecca is.
And can I say that I both love and adore bad boy Ryan and mysterious hot Sydney? And let’s not forget sweet hard not to love Billy, I seriously think he was one of the best secondary characters I have come across, he was hard not to care about and what to see more of and just all around root for.
James did a fantastic job with this book and I really look forward to reading the next in the series. I can tell this will quickly become a favorite.

1 comment :

  1. Yeah!! Loved the guys all as well. And the world here. Like the Healers and being neutral ground and all. Lovely review and I have the short story, book, here to read. :)

    I can't wait to see more of the characters and world here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...