2/20/12

Interview: Tracey O'Hara


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?

Actually – it was because I started researching my family history and wanted to write about it. I thought I would learn about writing and ended up getting bitten by the bug. I had never even contemplated writing my own stories until then. I sat down and started writing a historical novel using the research I’d done. Then got the idea for NIGHT’S COLD KISS which took on a life of its own.

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Dark Brethren series?

I had a scene pop into my head – a woman creeping through a dark warehouse with a drawn sword and a dark figure sitting up in the rafters watching her. That is how the beginning of NIGHT’S COLD KISS started and kind of grew from there. The world unfolded as I wrote the story. It was almost like the world lay hidden in my head and I became an explorer, discovering it as the words came. 

NRR: What is a day in the life of Tracey O'Hara like?

Very long. I attend my fulltime day job Monday to Friday, then when I get home, I get dinner and family organized and sit down to write. Some nights I don’t start writing until about 9pm so I am often at the computer until 1 or 2 am. Weekends are spent catching up on the writing, sleep and family, not to mention housework. 

NRR: Your novels have the perfect blend of romance, mystery and action. Which one do you enjoy writing the most in your novels?

Actually I really enjoy the thriller horror elements. I like the creepiness, though I can never get it as creepy on the page as it is in my head. But all in all I really love to see the whole story taking shape. 

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Movies and DVD. I love them. Especially action fantasy and SciFi movies. And if a movie has elements of all three – I’m sold.

NRR: Can you share with us a little about Death's Sweet Embrace (no spoilers of course)?

DEATH’S SWEET EMBRACE is the second Dark Brethren novel. It continues on from the first with a new protagonist -- Kathryn “Kitt” Jordan, a parahuman medical examiner and a snow leopard shifter (an Animalian). She has just lost her brother, the only family she’s had in the last 20 years, to a psychopathic killer and had her world turned completely upside down.

Now a sadistic killer is murdering young Animalians but cutting out their still betting hearts while they are alive. Kitt must join forces with a team lead by her brother’s closest friend to help solve this mystery. Problem is, her ex lover who she hasn’t seen for many years is also part of this team.

We also get to follow some of the characters from the first book, especially Oberon and Antoinette and are introduced to some new ones as well.

There is a glossary of terms on my website to explain some of the terms I use such as Animalian  

NRR: Your male characters are very smoldering and catch the readers attention. So, I have to ask. Which one would you want to get stuck under the mistletoe with, Christian or Raven?

Can I have both? LOL. Actually I would have to say Christian because he was my first love. 

NRR: What can readers expect to see next from you?

I’m currently working on third Dark Brethren novel, which at this stage is called SIN’S DARK CARESS.  I am very excited about this book and am having a lot of fun writing it. I hope to go on and write some more Dark Brethren books – I have lots of ideas, including Mer terrorists and Elven drug-lords.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...