2/20/12

Interview: Sophie Jordan


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started in writing?

An avid reader, I guess I probably started penning my first stories in junior high school. When a book left me particularly moved and/or inspired - or bored - I always felt motivated to write! Writing was always there, fading in and out of my life as I moved through high school, college and so on. It wasn't until my late twenties that I decided to seriously dedicate myself to getting published and making the dream a reality. My husband dared me to "just do it", and I could never resist a dare. ;)

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Firelight series?

Well, I found myself reading so much great YA ... and I was already published in adult romance, so writing a YA with a strong romance was a natural direction for me. I just opening myself up to the idea of writing a YA romance and the concept of the draki just hit me one day ... and almost instantly the fully-formed character Jacinda - the last of her kind who can breathe fire - just arrived in my mind. I could see her so clearly. From there, the rest of the story took shape. 

NRR: What was the most challenging part of writing Vanish?

Ahhh, sequels! Is there anything more challenging than that?!? Seriously though, remaining true to everything you set up in book one is a challenge. And, of course, there's anxiety because you always want the new book to be better than the last. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...