2/19/12

Interview: Shayla Black


NRR: Can you share with when you knew you wanted to become a writer?

While in college, I began reading romances. Within a few months, I started trying my hand at writing. I enjoyed it, but found it was much harder than expected. But I kept trying… Then in my early twenties, I got serious, joined RWA, got a critique group and started writing in earnest. When I started finishing books and finaling in contests, I think I knew that I wanted to be a writer.

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Wicked Lovers series?

Jack Cole, the hero of WICKED TIES, walked into my head and started talking to me. He fascinated me so much that I couldn’t fail to listen. From there, all of the characters opened up and started telling me their stories. I love writing this series and the fact that each and every book is hot and emotional, but different.

NRR: What is a day in the life of Shayla Black like?

Nuts! There’s always something going on. I’m frequently juggling emails and phone calls while trying to write pages…and sneaking in a little play time on Facebook. I try to read some every morning and every night, catch in some family time every night, have margarita lunches with friends on Fridays, and keep my imagination rolling through it all.

NRR: What is in your to be read pile?

A little bit of everything. On my Kindle I have stacked up some Dan Brown, Christine Feehan, Sophie Oak, Cynthia Eden. I’ve got a slew of non-fiction in my office closet, waiting for me to peruse.

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Shopping, margaritas, and time with friends. I also enjoy reality TV—especially shows with big “characters” like Survivor, The Bachelor(ette), Sister Wives, American Idol, etc. I confess that one of the heroes in “Her Fantasy Men” (of FOUR PLAY) was based on a character from one of these shows. I liked him so much, I just couldn’t resist.

NRR: Can you share with a little about Surrender To Me?

Sure. Here’s the backcover copy from the book:

A secret fantasy.
Hunter had everything until a bullet put his career as a Navy SEAL on hold. Restless and in need ofdistraction, he accepts an intriguing proposition. Restless and uncertain about his future, he accepts an intriguing proposition: share an acquaintance’s girlfriend and fulfill her fantasy of a ménage. It should have been just a night of sexual adventure between three consenting adults. But Kata is like no other girl Hunter has ever met. By turns audacious and sexy, then vulnerable and aloof, she’s a heartbreaker he’s determined to master. But he needs more than one night. And he wants to do it alone.

An uncontrollable obsession.
Kata never expected to leave her comfortable relationship and explore something so dangerously forbidden with a stranger. Hard as she tries to resist, the guilty pleasure overwhelms her, and she surrenders herself, inch by inch, to the hardcore man who wants her for himself. Consumed by blazing desire, they’re soon threatened by the shadows of the past. And now to keep Kata safe, Hunter makes her a bold proposition of his own. Saying yes will destroy her heart. But saying no could cost Kata her life.

NRR: What can fans expect to see next from you?

The next book in the Wicked Lovers series comes out October 4, called BELONG TO ME. On November 1, I’ll be releasing a Wicked Lovers eBook called WICKED TO LOVE. Then I’ll be working on Wicked Lovers 6, MINE TO HOLD, which releases March 2012. I’m excited to continue this series!

Thank you for joining us!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...