2/20/12

Interview: Nalini Singh


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?

I've always written, from when I was very young. It's my passion, something I absolutely love to do.

NRR: What is a day in the life of Nalini Singh like?

It changes depending on what I'm working on. Usually, I try to do things like answering e-mails and updating the blog etc in the mornings, and write/edit in the afternoons and evenings. 

However, part of what I love about writing is the flexibility of it - so sometimes, I might work very late at night, and take the next day off, while other times, I might decide to work seven days in a row.

NRR: How were you inspired to write the Psy/Changeling series?

I've always been interested in powers such as telepathy and telekinesis, and one day, I wondered: "What if those powers weren't a gift? What if they drove you mad? What would you do to survive?" 

That was how the Psy came to be, and the changelings  just appeared on the page as soon as I began writing, strong and compelling and fascinating.

NRR: What is in your to be read pile?

So many books!! Anne Gracie's "The Perfect Waltz" and Patricia Briggs' "River Marked" are two I can't wait to dive into.

NRR:What is your guilty pleasure?

As Dmitri  from the Guild Hunter series might say - I refuse to feel guilty about pleasure. ;)

NRR:Can you share with us a little about Kiss of Snow (no spoilers of course)?

It's emotional, intense, playful, and features some major events that will affect the overarching plot.

NRR:What can fans expect to see next from you?

ARCHANGEL'S BLADE, the next book in the Guild Hunter series, is out in September. I also have a novella in the ANGELS OF DARKNESS anthology, out in October.

I'm currently working on a novella featuring Galen and Jessamy from the GH series. Once that's done, I'll be working on the next Psy/Changeling book.

Thank you for joining us!

Thanks for the great interview! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...