2/19/12

Interview: Mary Abshire


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?



Well, I’ve always enjoyed writing. In the 1980’s, I was involved in the pen pal world. About sixteen years ago, I wrote something, but gave didn't pursue writing seriously. A few years ago, I decided to give writing a try again. I haven’t stopped. Writing is an addiction, just as reading is for me. 


NRR: How were you inspired to write the Soul Catcher series?

I love struggles with good vs. evil. I also love vampire books but I didn’t want to write solely about vampires. I wanted something different. I wanted a character who struggles with her inner demon, kind of like we all do at times. Add a vampire and a demon, and my imagination went wild.


NRR: What made you decide to write in the paranormal genre?


I have always been a fan of the paranormal and supernatural. I love the dark, mysterious, the unknown, and the unique. Naturally, I’m going to write about what I love.


NRR: Can you tell us a little about Claiming The Evil Dead (of course no spoilers)?

In a nutshell, it's about a half-demon who collaborates with a sexy vampire to get an evil soul from another vampire and send it to hell. She runs into a lot of problems along the way, including bumping into a hot demon. (How’s that for not spoiling?)


NRR: What is a guilty pleasure for you?

Chocolate – seriously. Ok, maybe cheesecake too. Yummy! Why am I thinking of food?

NRR: What is in your to be read pile?

Too much. I’m first trying to finish all of Keri Arthur’s books. I finished the Riley Jenson series and started on the other ones. New releases are coming out from Jeanine Frost, Charlaine Harris, and Karen Marie Moning, so I’ll have to squeeze those in. I try to finish one book a week.
NRR: Can you share with us what readers will see next from you in the coming year?
I have more soul catcher novels and an urban fantasy novel. It should be a very busy year, but definitely an exciting and fun one. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...