2/20/12

Interview: Cristal Ryder


NRR: Can you share with us how you got started into writing?

Well, it's something that seem to keep coming back to me, since way back when I was a teenager. I remember writing in the early 1980's in longhand (yipes) a story with a historical setting. I still have the notes :)  Probably all those books I used to read contributed to wanting to tell my own stories and I do like to escape into a fantasy world where anything goes. Plus my dad used to tell us his WW11 stories, quite riveting and I think that also sparked the storyteller in me. In fact, my ultimate goal is to write his story. He's slowly making notes and I keep prodding him :)

NRR: How were you inspired to write Being Ariana?

It started with a Lyrical Press call for BDSM. However, Ariana began as a story about a witch with a druid background. I took an online BDSM course and realized to bring in the witch element would be too complicated for my first foray into the lifestyle. The witch idea is sitting in the wings waiting. I loved writing Being Ariana and can announce book two has been contracted titled Being Bound, where we follow our delish hero, Rourke, into his own storyline.

NRR: What would you say is the most challenging part of writing?

Finding time. LIike many authors, I work a full time job and commute to it, a single mom of two college ages sons, av home to keep on top of, etc. Thrown into that is the self promotional side of writing and mainting website, blogs and social media. But I love it all. In early July I finally set a writing schedule that gives me three hours a day of uninterrupted writing and so far it has been working about 75% of the time :)

NRR: Any advice for aspiring authors?

Don't get discouraged. I did and it halted me in my tracks - even to the point of ignoring a request for a partial from Harlequin Supperromance back in 2003!  Be true to yourself, network, learn, take workshops and don't be shy about asking questions of your chapter mates. Write what brings you passion, it will come through in the words.

NRR: Can you share with us the storyline to Being Ariana?

I do really like this story :) And love the sequel coming early next year, Being Bound.
Is it better to get lost in your fantasy, or be found in another's?

Ellie Taylor lives her erotic dreams by masquerading herself as Ariana and visiting the Black Phantom. In this club where anything goes, she plans to perform onstage before an audience, building her sexual excitement to a fever pitch before selecting her man. But Ariana is sidetracked by a tall, blond masked maitre-d. He captivates her and all thoughts of performing are forgotten. He's every bit as domineering as Ariana and pushes her to her sexual limit. Their true identities concealed, they set out to use each other for pleasure--no risk of entanglement or commitment...but that may prove easier said than done.

Warning - Explicit sex/language, domination, bondage and kink.

NRR: What is your guilty pleasure?

Everyone asks me this and I feel so guilty admitting it  :)  French fries, hot wings with ranch dressing is just one of many.

NRR: What is next in the works for you?

As mentioned above, Being Bound has been contracted by Lyrical Press. And I'm thrilled to share that I'm now an Ellora's Cave author. My submission for their Oh Canada! line was contracted and should move into edits soon, titled Hot Fusion.  A novella length story has been finished and will be submitted to Harlequin's new line Cravings shortly, so keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for joining us!

Thanks for having me at NRR! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on NRR!

Lenore
~Media Coordinator/ Site Owner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...